The Citadel Distilled: The Proof is in the Barrel
Explore Halifax Citadel National Historic Site like never before with a red-coated Highlander as your guide on this 3 hour experience. Indulge your senses with exclusive access to Compass Distillers’ onsite barreling room and open a barrel to proof it down with the distiller. Savour three Citadel-aged spirits thoughtfully paired with charcuterie and take home two bottles of your favourite.
- Exclusive access to Halifax Citadel National Historic Site: Explore the 19th-century British fortification with your 78th Highlander guide.
- Learn of the historical connection between gunpowder and spirits,(program may require a blanket covid disclaimer).
- Access Compass Distillers’ onsite barrelling room: With one of Compass’ distillers, open a barrel to pull and “proof down” samples.
- Learn award-winning Compass Distillers’ “grain to glass” methods and hear insights on how these spirits were created.
- Sample three Citadel-aged spirits with charcuterie: Enjoy a private tasting of Noon Gun Gin, Fort George Genever, and Daily Ration Rum paired with delicious charcuterie.
- Take home a gift box set of two Glencairn glasses and two bottles of your favourite Compass Distillers Halifax Citadel-aged spirits.
- Please reach out to us with questions about Citadel Distilled: the Proof is in the Barrel.
Price: $450 + HST per participant
- For more information call us at 902.426.1990 or email us at [email protected].
- Cancellations are accepted up to 72 hours prior to the scheduled day of the tour.
- Participants will be notified 72-hours in advance if tour is cancelled due to inclement weather forecast or unforeseen circumstances.
Good to Know:
- Space is limited to a maximum of 12 people.
- Participants must be 19 years of age or older.