Climb to the top of the Halifax Citadel National Historic Site and meet your historically costumed guide on the drawbridge at the main gate. For 70 minutes, you'll be led by candlelight through tunnels and prison cells, and hear true accounts of unexplained events in their actual locations.
Check back soon for 2021 dates!
Ghost tours begin at 8:30 pm, and last for approximately 70 minutes.
Tours leave from the front gate of the Halifax Citadel National Historic Site.
Tickets can be purchased:
- Online at https://www.eventbrite.ca/o/halifax-citadel-society-10862362985 during the week leading up to each tour (tickets go on sale at 8:00 am on the Sunday prior to each tour).
- At the front kiosk of the Halifax Citadel between 7:30 - 8:30 pm on the night of each tour.
Tickets are $13 per person, plus taxes and Eventbrite processing fees.
- Tour groups are limited to 15 participants to adhere to public health measures and facilitate social distancing.
- Non-medical masks are required in all interior spaces, and encouraged in outside areas.
- Public ghost tours are offered in English only. Private ghost tours are available in English and French.
- Tours may be cancelled in the event of particularly inclement weather.
Private ghost tours in English or French are available for booking year-round. For more information, or to book a private tour, please contact us at [email protected] or (902) 426-1990.
Private ghost tours are $210 plus tax, and can accommodate up to 15 participants.