Climb to the top of the Halifax Citadel National Historic Site and meet your historically costumed guide on the drawbridge at the main gate. For 70 minutes, you'll be led by candlelight through tunnels, prison cells, and other dark areas of the site, to hear true accounts of unexplained events in their actual locations.
Dates: Public ghost tours are offered Thursday, Friday, and Saturday evenings from Thursday, August 27 to Friday, October 30, 2020. Private group tours are offered year-round (see below for booking details.)
- Tours begin at 8:20 pm, 8:30 pm, and 8:40 pm depending on demand.
- Check www.eventbrite.ca for exact times offered or call 902.426.1990
Location/Duration: tours leave from the front gate at the Halifax Citadel National Historic Site and last approximately 70 minutes.
- Online at www.eventbrite.ca
- In person at the front kiosk at the Halifax Citadel National Historic Site from 1000-1530 hours
- By calling 902.426.1990
- Tickets go on sale every Sunday for the week. You must purchase your ticket the same week as the date you plan to attend a ghost tour.
- Online ticket sales close at 4 pm the day of the ghost tour.
Fees: $15.87 per person (taxes and fees inclusive)
- Tour sizes are currently capped at a maximum of 15 people per tour to faciliate compliance with Provincial Covid-19 health measures.
- Please Note: All tours are weather permitting.
- Visitors and guides will be required to wear masks when in indoor or enclosed spaces.
- Public tours are offered in English only. Private group tours are offered year-round in English and in French.
- Private Ghost Tours can be booked for your group at any time of the year.
- Private Guide (plus HST)................................................................$210
- For more information, or to book a private tour, call 902.426.1990 or email [email protected] and we will contact you to discuss the details.