Raise Your Spirits at the Halifax Citadel National Historic Site!
With a kilted 78th Highlander as your guide, go behind-the-scenes at the Halifax Citadel National Historic Site to discover the history of alcohol use in the British military. Savour three Halifax Citadel-aged spirits crafted by award-winning Compass Distillers and paired with delicious artisanal cheeses.
- Exclusive access to Halifax Citadel National Historic Site a restored 19th-century British fortification with stunning views of Halifax and the Halifax Waterfront.
- Be guided by a kilted 78th Highlander and hear stories of how alcohol was used in the British military. Both a blessing and a curse – depending on who you ask!
- Go inside Compass Distillers’ barrelling room where spirits are stored and aged in wooden barrels inside the fortification - A truly sensory experience!
- Guided tasting of three unique spirits made exclusively for the Halifax Citadel Society by award-winning Compass Distillers. Enjoy Noon Gun Gin, Fort George Genever, and Daily Ration Rum with a delicious charcuterie.
- Get the scoop on Compass Distillers’ locally sourced ‘grain to bottle’ distilling approach.
- Friday and Saturday evenings at 6 pm starting January 29th.
- Tasting sessions will generally be 75 minutes long, or up to 90 minutes depending on group interactivity.
- For custom bookings please reach out to us.
- Meet at the front kiosk of the Halifax Citadel National Historic Site at the designated program time.
- Guests on foot can reach the front kiosk via the sidewalk from Sackville St. or via the pathway from Brunswick St, beside the Old Town Clock.
- Parking is permitted in the pull-offs located around the Perimeter Rd.
Price: $75 + HST per participant
- Book experience via the HCS Eventbrite page
- For more information or for nquires about custom bookings call 902.426.1990 or email [email protected]. Please note that private bookings require a minimum of 4 participants.
- Cancellations are accepted up to 72 hours prior to the scheduled day of the tour.
- Participants will be notified 48-hours in advance if the tour is cancelled due to inclement weather forecast or unforeseen circumstances.Participants must be 19 years of age or older.
Good to Know:
- Participants must be 19 years of age or older
- Space is limited to a maximum of 12-15 people per tour group in accordance with NS Public Health COVID-19 Guidelines.
- Social distancing will be facilitated within tour groups for individuals bookings from different social "bubbles".
- Participants must wear a non-medical mask in all indoor spaces with the exception of when seated.
- Warm clothes and comfortable shoes are encouraged for the exterior portion of the tour.