Raise Your HOLIDAY Spirits at the Halifax Citadel National Historic Site this Season!
Celebrate the holidays on a special tour and tasting with a kilted 78th Highlander as your guide. Go behind-the-scenes at the historic Halifax Citadel National Historic Site to discover holiday traditions of the British military and how they raised their spirits! Savour three Halifax Citadel-aged spirits crafted by award-winning Compass Distillers, plus their perfect-for-the-holidays Spiced Rhumb, paired-up with delicious artisanal cheeses, crackers and sweet treats.
- After-hours access to Halifax Citadel National Historic Site, a restored 19th-century British fortification with stunning views of Halifax and the Halifax Waterfront.
- Be guided by a kilted 78th Highlander to hear holiday traditions and stories of the British raised their spirits with military rations.
- Go inside Compass Distillers’ barreling room where spirits are stored and aged in wooden barrels inside the fortification - a truly sensory experience!
- Guided tasting of three unique spirits made exclusively for the Halifax Citadel Society by award-winning Compass Distillers with artisanal cheese and crackers.
- Embrace the holidays with a sample of Compass' Spiced Rhumb paired with a sweet treat and perfect for the holidays!
- Get the scoop on Compass Distillers’ locally sourced ‘grain to bottle’ distilling approach.
Fridays at 7:00 pm on November 26, December 3, December 10, and December 17.
Good to Know:
- Participants must be 19 years of age or older.
- Warm clothes and comfortable shoes are encouraged for the exterior tour.
- Meet at the front kiosk of the Halifax Citadel National Historic Site at your booked experience time. If arriving on foot you can reach the front kiosk via the sidewalk from Sackville St. or the pathway from Brunswick St, beside the Old Town Clock.
- Parking is permitted in the pull-offs located around the Perimeter Rd.
- Space is limited to a maximum of 15 people per tour.
- Participants must present proof of vaccination with a government issued photo identification and wear a non-medical mask in all indoor spaces with the exception of when seated.
Price: $60 + HST per participant
- Tickets are available through Eventbrite
- For more information or call (902) 426-1990 or email [email protected]
Cancellation & Refund Policy:
Cancellations with refunds are accepted up to 72 hours prior to the scheduled day of the tour (please note that Eventbrite's fees are not refundable).
Participants will be notified 48 hours in advance if the tour is cancelled due to inclement weather forecast, if we have not met our minimum number of participants to run the tour, or other unforeseen circumstances. For more information, call us at (902) 426-1990 or email us at [email protected]